Smile

Dec 21, 2010

Rava ladoo....a yummy yummy ladoo

I love rava ladoos and I cant tell you how much..... my mouth is watering when I am writing this now. I know and my dear ones know that I can just keep eating and eating them all the time. Love my mom for the way she makes it. They are just too yummy. I remember that my mom always used to pack this when I was in hostel. Also I have a dear aunt who makes it for me every time I visit her .. thanks to you Viji aunty :)

It is a simple, sweet and classic dessert that no one can ever resist. Roasting a few ingredients and bringing them all together is easy and fun too. Kids love it too and so that is a plus


Serves... makes 10-12
Serve option... Room temp

This is what u'll need....

Rava/Sooji/Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup (adjust to taste)
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Elaichi/Cardamom - 5-6 pods
Cashews and raisins for garnish
Ghee - 3 tbspn
Milk as needed

Here is the stir....
  • Heat ghee in a pan and add rava to it
  • Roast it on medium to high heat until rava turns slightly brown
  • Transfer it to another bowl
  • Fry cashews and raisins in a tablespoon of ghee and add it to the fried rava
  • In the same pan toss in grated coconut and stir till it turns slightly golden
  • Pour back the rava mixture into the pan and mix it all together for couple of mins
  • Add sugar, elaichi and stir for not more than a minute
  • Turn off the heat and transfer it to a bowl
  • Shape them into small balls when the mixture is still a little more than warm
Notes....
  • If you are having trouble shaping them into balls, try using a little extra ghee or hot milk. but remember just a little
  • Adjust sugar to suit your taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails