Smile

Dec 28, 2013

Quesadillas with leftover rajma curry

Rajma curry is a great addition to regular menu and leftover rajma is a greater addition. Guess how?? I love making sandwiches and quesadillas-kind with leftover curry. I feel they taste really good when used as leftovers too. A sense of satisfaction that I did not waste food and a good treat to my tummy in a way that I love. Sometimes I want to eat it so much that I make extra rajma curry to deliberately have extra as leftovers



Making quesadillas with leftover rajma curry saves time and also gives a new taste to the same curry with a gentle and scrumptious twist. Add cheese and a few other toppings to give a refreshing taste

I always preferred quesadillas when opted at any mexican restaurant. I could never just have enough. My H always makes fun of me about eating too much of it. He says "what is in it that makes you love it so much". The simplest answer is "I dont know but i just love it". I dont make it the perfect original recipe way but love this kind-of version which suits better in my menu



I havent added any veggies topping in this post as I made this one for my kid who stays away from fresh cut uncooked veggies. I could not take pictures of my quesadilla... consider excuse #526 ... he he. Anyways try this and enjoy

Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Warm with sour cream

This is what u'll need....

Chapathi - 1 
Leftover Rajma curry - 1/4 cup
Oil -1 tbspn
Grated mozzarella cheese - as required
Chopped tomatoes - 1 tbspn
Chopped green capsicum - 1 tbspn
Chopped yellow capsicum - 1 tbspn
Corn kernels - 1 tbspn

Here is the stir....
  • Quesadillas are usually made with a bread called tortilla. Here I have substituted it with regular whole wheat chapathis
  • Make chapathis ahead of time and keep it ready. You can assemble everything just before serving

  • Pour a tablespoon of oil in a cast iron pan and place a cooked chapathi on it. The idea is to make the chapathi crispy on the outside. So try cooking on low heat to avoid burning and making them crisp. Use a cast iron pan to get the perfect flavor

  • Heat up the leftover curry to make it sound fresh and easier to work with. Just pop it in the microwave for about a minute or so
  • Meanwhile mash the rajma curry to break down the beans a little. Use the back of a wooden spatula/spoon to gently press the beans down
  • When the chapathis starts getting a few brown spots spoon in a little mashed rajma mixture to one half of the chapathi
  • Shred mozzarella cheese on top. You might add as much as you want. I add a lot on mine, more than what I add to my kids part. I like it chewy, gooey and yummy
  • Now time to top it with rest of the ingredients - add chopped tomatoes, green capsicum, yellow capsicum and corn kernels. No pics here .... will post soon
  • Fold the chapathi in half and gently press it down. Flip it over gently and cook till you can see nice dark brown spots on it 

  • Transfer it to a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve it warm with sour cream
Note:
  • Brown it more than a golden brown touch to get the flavors coming
  • Cooking on cast iron pan makes it more delicious, atleast I feel so
  • Cook on low flame to get it crispy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails