Smile

Jun 17, 2016

Banana Walnut Microwave Mug Cake... 2 minutes Mug Cake


My try on banana walnut mug cake ... and it turned out so yummy that I had to make it again the next day. Used whole wheat flour and honey this time for mug cake. It was moist and soft that I relished every spoon of it :)

This month has been mug cake crazy for me and I am so happy and satisfied with all the flavours that are turning out as per my taste. Loved this healthy version that was made in an attempt to use an overripe banana :) ... now its definitely a keeper 




Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Room Temp

This is what u'll need....

Whole wheat flour - 3 tbspn
Ripe Banana - 1 medium
Honey - 1 tbsn or little more
Baking soda - 1/8 tspn
Vinegar - 1/4 tspn
Oil - 2 tbspn
Chopped Walnuts - 1 tbspn + for topping
Choco chips - for topping (optional)

Here is the stir....

  • Peel and cut banana into small pieces. Toss them into the mug
  • Mash the banana to a fine pulp using a fork
  • Measure in 3 tablespoons of flour to the mug
  • Add chopped walnuts. You can use more or less. I love walnuts so I am always very liberal when adding to my mug :)
  • Spoon in two tablespoons of oil
  • Measure 1 tablespoon of honey into the mix. Add more if you feel the banana is not sweet enough 
  • Add 1/4 tspn of vinegar
  • Add 1/4 tspn of baking soda
  • Give everything a good mix. If you feel the mixture is too thick then you can add a little bit of milk. I felt mine did not need so havent added any
  • Top it up with chopped walnuts and choco chips
  • Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. Cooking time depends on your microwave settings
  • I cook it first for 1 minute and then with 10 second intervals checking for doneness. Keep an eye always to avoid overflowing or overcooking
  • Serve warm and enjoy



                                          Note:
                                          • Timing depends on microwave settings. Keep an eye on it to get the perfect texture
                                          • Use little milk if you feel the batter is too thick
                                          • Choco chips is optional. I just felt like having some in my cake :)

                                          No comments:

                                          Post a Comment

                                          Related Posts with Thumbnails