Smile

Feb 22, 2017

Mug pizza


MUG PIZZAAAAA/ Bowl pizza as I made it.... Have you tried this???? If not then do give it a try and am sure you will fall in love with it? Pizza made in 5 minutes .... I know it sounds unbelievable but if you want to treat yourself individually some day without taking much pains of making and cleaning as well then this one is just for you. I first thought to try mug cakes and other mug stuff after I saw a few videos by Gemma from Bigggerbolderbaking. I love the way she talks and makes stuff and the way she makes us feel that cooking is probably the easiest job in the world if you are really creative. She has so mannnnnnnnnyyyyyyy recipes for mug foods that you will be shocked if some of them can really be made in a mug. Yes I have gone through many of her recipes ...... if not for the recipe then atleast to check out the great ideas that she has

I was looking for some video related to embroidery work when I chanced upon this video under the suggested options. It was almost noon time and I hadnt made anything for lunch till then. The video snapshot of this individual serving meal looked inviting and I decided to spend a couple of minutes watching it.... but guess what.... I ended up watching and also making the mug pizza as well. It sounded so easy and delicious that I could not resist myself in making some immediately. All the ingredients were available in the kitchen pantry and so just 5 minutes and I had this hot and yummy mug pizza/ bowl pizza right in front of me. Every bit of it was so delicious that I finished it in no time. Worth a try and yumminess guaranteed 
  


Serves... 1 person
Serve option... Hot

This is what u'll need...

All-purpose flour/Maida - 4 tbspn
Baking powder - 1/8 tspn
Baking soda - 1/16 tspn or a pinch
Milk - 3 tbspn
Oil - 1 tbspn
Pizza sauce / Ketchup+chilli flakes+seasoning - 1 tbspn
Toppings - 2 tbspn (your choice)
Cheese - 2 tbspn
Cheese spread - 1 tbspn (optional)
Mixed herbs - as needed
Salt to taste

Here is the stir....
  • I used a small flat bowl  to get the pizza spread out evenly. The concept is to use mug but I thought using a mug would rather have the dough cooked up like cake/cookie and I would miss the real pizza feel. I think I enjoyed making it in the bowl as I could add more toppings and also cheese :)
  • Measure 4 tablespoons of flour into a microwave-safe bowl
  • Add 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/16 tspn of baking soda and some salt to the flour

  • Pour in a tablespoon of oil and 3 tablespoon of milk into the bowl

  • Use a fork and give everything a good mix. Spread it evenly using the back of a fork/spoon to make it little even on top

  • Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of the dough. If you dont have pizza sauce at hand like me then just go ahead and mix some ketchup, red chilli flakes and seasoning. Smear this on top of the dough and works pretty decent ;)
  • Spread your toppings on top of the dough
  • Finally shred a generous layer of cheese on top and further top it with a little cheese spread if you like

  • Sprinkle seasoning to your taste 
  • Pop it into the microwave for about a minute until all the cheese is melted and gooey. If not done in a minute then keep adding 10 second intervals and check for doneness. Microwave times vary so just keep an eye on it to avoid the food from overflowing or overcooking
  • Rest it for about a minute and enjoy your favourite pizza in a bowl :)


                                      Note: 
                                      • Use cheese generously to enjoy the taste
                                      • Toppings can be purely your choice
                                      • Baking powder and baking soda are both necessary to get a soft risen dough

                                      No comments:

                                      Post a Comment

                                      Related Posts with Thumbnails